Learn about Treatment Centers
Life Stories to Help Us All
Learn more about community change in OaklandCounty:
- ·Communities Mobilizing for Change in Alcohol(CMCA):
- ·To learn more about underage drinking laws http://www.dontserveteens.gov/
To report underage drinking or someone supplying alcohol to anyone under age 21, call your local police department.
Information for Parents :
- Parenting to Prevent Underage Alcohol Use
- National Association for Children of Alcoholics
- Partnership for a Drug Free America
- Make a Difference: Talk to Your Child About Alcohol
- Giving Children and Teens What They Need
- Oakland Helplink
- Adolescent Substance Abuse
- Making the Internet Safer for Children and Families
- Signs and Symptoms of Drug Use
Information for Teens :
- Students Against Destructive Decisions
- What's your anti-drug?
- Facts for Teens
- The Science Behind Drug Abuse
- When a Parent Drinks Too Much
- A Place for Teens to Check Where They Are with Drugs and Alcohol: www.checkyourself.com or www.drugfree.org
To find out more about reducing underage drinking:
- StopAlcoholAbuse.gov is a comprehensive portal of federal resources for information on underage drinking and ideas for combating this public health issue.
For information on reducing tobacco use:
- Tobacco Free Kids
- Tobacco Quit Guides can be viewed and downloaded online at www.michigan.gov/tobacco.;
- Tobacco Quit Guide at http://www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/2009/03/15/news/doc49bc7c758458d348175711
- American Cancer Society
- American Lung Association
Prescription drug abuse is an increasing public health problem. For more information:
- Using Prescription Drugs for Non-medical Uses?
- How do Kids get Prescription Drugs?
- Facts about Prescription Pain and Other Medications
- As You Age: A Guide to Aging Medicines, and Alcohol
- Great article on Prescription Drug Use
Many drugs are abused, and most websites give information about drugs that are abused. So check out the sites above, or you may also check these.
- Preventing Drug Abuse among Children and Adolescents
- NIDA - Research Report Series - Heroin Abuse and Addiction
- The National Inhalant Prevention Coalition
OaklandCounty Treatment and referral information is available at:
Other Oakland County information and referral information is available at:
Information on Twelve Step Recovery Groups is available at
- The Michigan Central Office for Alcoholics Anonymous
- If Someone Close to You Has a Problem, Al-Anon/Alateen
- If you are an Adult Child of an Alcoholic/Addict
- If you want to stop using drugs, Narcotics Anonymous
Resources for Educators
Looking for drug treatment programs and alcohol abuse treatment programs?http://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/
"The Fresh Story" is a FREE online newsletter produced by FACE ® .
It is designed to provide you with a quick snapshot of unique current events and research on alcohol issues
that you won't find anywhere else.