The Greater Detroit Area Health Council (GDAHC) and Tri-Community Coalition are hosting an informal Lunch & Learn opportunity accompanied by area experts who will share information about the current opioid crisis and how employers can help employees and their families.
In addition to the topics below, learn how to recognize if a person is suffering from Opioid Use Disorder, how all community members can help to diminish this growing trend through education and proper disposal of medications.
- How the opioid crisis has managed to reach epidemic proportions
- What new legislation will do to help and how it affects you
- How we can end the stigma around addiction by opening up the discussion around mental health
- How employers can help and utilize their Employee Assistant Programs (EAPs)
- Community-wide changes and available resources
Special Guest Speakers:
Rony Foumia, Pharmacist
Commissioner Helaine Zack, Oakland County, District 18
Trisha Zizumbo, MSA, CHES, Public Health Education Supervisor Oakland County Health Division
Visit the EventBrite page to register and for more information!