Parent & Teen Info
Information for Parents :
- Parenting to Prevent Underage Alcohol Use
- National Association for Children of Alcoholics
- Partnership for a Drug Free America
- Make a Difference: Talk to Your Child About Alcohol
- Giving Children and Teens What They Need
- Oakland Helplink
- Adolescent Substance Abuse
- Making the Internet Safer for Children and Families
- Signs and Symptoms of Drug Use
Resources for Educators
- National Institute of Drug Abuse
- Prevention and Education Resources
- Additional Drug and Alcohol Prevention Resources
- Coalitions Work to Keep Tobacco Out of the Hands of Kids
- Talk Kit
- Time to Act! - Have a conversation, not a confrontation
- Straight Dope for Parents
Life Stories to Help Us All
Prescription drug abuse is an increasing public health problem. For more information:
- Using Prescription Drugs for Non-medical Uses?
- How do Kids get Prescription Drugs?
- Facts about Prescription Pain and Other Medications
- As You Age: A Guide to Aging Medicines, and Alcohol
- Great article on Prescription Drug Use
To find out more about reducing underage drinking:
- StopAlcoholAbuse.gov is a comprehensive portal of federal resources for information on underage drinking and ideas for combating this public health issue.
- Substance Abuse in College contains information and resources to recognize, understand, and combat alcohol and drug use on campus.
For information on reducing tobacco use:
- Tobacco Free Kids
- Tobacco Quit Guides can be viewed and downloaded online at:
- Tobacco Quit Guide at:
- The free Quit Kit is a resource that provides step-by-step instructions on how to quit smoking successfully and stay quit. Individual copies of the quit guide can be ordered by emailing:
- American Cancer Society
- American Lung Association
Many drugs are abused, and most websites give information about drugs that are abused. So check out the sites above, or you may also check these.
- Preventing Drug Abuse among Children and Adolescents
- NIDA - Research Report Series - Heroin Abuse and Addiction
- The National Inhalant Prevention Coalition
Information on Twelve Step Recovery Groups is available at
- The Michigan Central Office for Alcoholics Anonymous
- If Someone Close to You Has a Problem, Al-Anon/Alateen
- If you are an Adult Child of an Alcoholic/Addict
- If you want to stop using drugs, Narcotics Anonymous
Looking for drug treatment programs and alcohol abuse treatment programs?